Sophia C. Apenkro, an Ace Digital Marketer and Brand Consultant, has been chosen along with three others to lead the UNESCO Recommendations on #Science & Scientific Researchers Campaign. This campaign will focus on science and academic institutions to raise awareness and support for Science’s relevance to SDG challenges.
UNESCO Recommendation on Science and Scientific Researchers (RS|SR) – 10 key areas
- The responsibility of science towards the United Nations’ ideals of human dignity, progress,
justice, peace, welfare of humankind, and respect for the environment.
- The need for science to meaningfully interact with society and vice versa.
- The role of science in national policy and decision making, international cooperation, and development.
- Promoting science as a common good.
- Inclusive and non‐discriminatory work conditions and access to education and employment in science.
- Any scientific conduct is subject to universal human rights standards.
- Balancing the freedoms, rights, and responsibilities of researchers.
- Scientific integrity and ethical codes of conduct for science and research and their technical applications.
- The vital importance of human capital for a sound and responsible science system.
- The role of Member States in creating an enabling environment for science and research.
The campaign will promote science as a common good and advocate for inclusive and non-discriminatory work conditions, access to education, and employment in science. It recognizes that any scientific conduct is subject to universal human rights standards and emphasizes the importance of balancing the freedoms, rights, and responsibilities of researchers.
The UNESCO Recommendations also outline the significance of scientific integrity and ethical codes of conduct for science and research and their technical applications. It emphasizes the vital importance of human capital for a sound and responsible science system and highlights the role of Member States in creating an enabling environment for science and research.
Over the next few weeks, the chosen ambassadors will utilize their social media platforms to enhance public engagement by shedding light on and dissecting the ten key areas of the RS|SR. The campaign will also feature talks, presentations, online panel discussions, and training sessions aimed at educating the public.
READ NEXT ON: Top LinkedIn Welcome Messages To Connect With